Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I paid $65.00 for a gallon of milk

Sometime back, while Phyllis and I had gone out to eat with some friends, Phyllis said that we needed a gallon of milk. On the way home she wanted to stop at Walgreens, but we had already past it. On down the road was Walmart. I decided to stop there and run in and get the milk, but Phyllis wanted to go in with me. I went to the back of the store where the milk was and she went elsewhere. I figured a long time ago that they put the milk in the back where you have to go past everything else in the store hoping to tempt you to buy more than you need. Anyway, after a few minutes I found her whth a shopping cart with stuff in it. I mentioned that we only came in for milk, but she said she needed a few more things. As we checked the total came to $65.00. I was talking with a guy I work with and he told me that was the difference between men and women. Men go to purchase, and women go to shop. I believe this to be true. I take great pride in going to Walmart to purchase one item that I need and sometimes spending less than a dollar. Another think to think about. What ever happened to the days when a man could tell his wife that he was going to Home Depot or Lowes and she didn't want to go? I used to be nice and ask if she wanted to go knowing that she didn't. Now I can't go without her. They have so many things for women. She even got gift cards for Lowes and Home Depot for Mothers Day! Who ever thought that this would happen? Its no wonder that Home Depot could afford to build that Aquarium in Atlanta. They make a ton of money off our wives. I know when Phyllis reads this I will be in trouble. So I will now say that I love you and don't mean any of this.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I was in Home Depot AND Lowe's yesterday...and they even have books and small toys to tempt the children! It's an evil conspiracy!!!

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

HAHAHA I love the apology at the end! The whole time I was reading it I was thinking your gonna be in trouble! lol

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Well what can I say I love to go to Lowe's and Home Depot I can aways find something that I need are that I like. But I love you anyway I have to. Because you ask me to go with you did you. Be honest.

Katie said...

LOL! This was hilarious. Lesson learned - don't ask if we want to go, just go. :0)

David Courington said...

Great post. I can remember my Dad and I going to town to "loaf". Lots of visiting but not much buying. We also went to "kick tires" I can't say we didn't spend much there. Dad liked to trade cars, and some of that rubbed off on me.

Kim said...

This a great post and so very true!